Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Overload

Sometimes it is hard to keep things going in the order they are meant to be. I should be getting ready for the RMBC Mother's Day AKC LC Trial this weekend since it is on the ZoiBoyz Ranch but first: the drive home from the ASFA I.I. held in Oklahoma, otherwise known as the mud bowl. The I.I.s are fun even with adverse conditions. We get to visit with old friends, watch good dogs run, learn new things, watch good dogs run, make new friends, watch good dogs run, learn how to keep new digital camera's dry, watch good dogs run, process thousands of photos, watch good dogs run, party with strangers, watch good dogs run, try to keep the inside of an RV livable at the same time it has become an office, watch good dogs run, eat and drink like no-one is watching their waistline, cholesterol, etc, watch good dogs run, meet challenges of adverse weather conditions, and did I mention, watch good dogs run. 
The Best of II runs were exciting to watch and for once I actually agree with the final decision. Sally and Don's afghan Yousha was just amazing to watch. The hound closest in skill to this great afghan was the brilliant borzoi, Iris. What a hound she is. I liked her more each time she ran. I was very proud of our two entered hounds, Charger (2nd both days) and Nitro (3rd and 4th). Each gave their all and I cannot ask anything else from them. We got to see a couple relatives, Capsicum and Shelby, compete and they were exciting to watch. I think Shelby got the short end of the stick a couple of times but ran true and made her owner proud. It is always fun watching the youngsters perform. Leo's Py made one of his patented takes in the field and then after the restart ran very good but got overlooked by the judges. So it goes. The run off for Sunday's 3rd 4th and NBQ was tight.
So the I.I. is over and we push home. Once home we learn that the some crud is running through the pack. Now most of the youngsters just go off their food for a day and everything returns to normal. But our oldsters get hit pretty hard with this stuff. Ambassador worried us but is on the rebound now.
So then I start reviewing emails and list(s) news. I start seeing a post on the lists from someone that they have taken bunches of photos at the I.I. and anyone can have them free. Isn't that generous. But wait a minute, there were two official photographers engaged by the ASFA to shoot the event. These professional go to great expense and expend many many hours trying to do the best job they can. There is nothing wrong with people taking photos for personal use but this is akin to robbery. So when I voice my opinion on these lists I get reprimanded by the list moderator and post removed for my attacks. My attack - I wrote that it is bad form and wrong to do such a thing. This was, I think, outrageous.
So now I will go back to prepping for the Mother's Day Trial. I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment